COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Help us prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Practise physical distancing
- Avoid close contact with other people
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser (on entry and exit of the venue and before and after eating)
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow
Under the current NSW Government Health regulations, the wearing of facemasks at our venues is mandatory. Masks will be available at the venue if you do not carry one. Children 12 years and under are exempt from wearing a facemask but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable. For more information regarding the wearing of masks CLICK HERE.
- Do not attend our venues if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case
- Remain in your allocated seat for the performance
- Masks can only be removed while consuming food and drink in your allocated seats and must be worn again immediately you have finished eating and drinking.
- Be understanding of our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit. Please don’t give them a hard time about the necessary changes to your theatre visit
2. What we are doing to help when tamworth lga emerges from lockdown
- Just announced by NSW Government: The Tamworth LGA will emerge from lockdown as of Saturday 11 September 2021 at 12:01am.
As a result of this recent ruling, we are pleased to announce that face to face enquiries and ticket purchases at Capitol Theatre Box Office will resume on Monday, 13 September at 10:00am – 4:00pm and via telephone on 6767 5200. All shows programmed for October 2021 and beyond are on sale and will proceed as scheduled, adhering to the NSW Government regulations for stadiums, theatres and major outdoor recreation facilities, of one person per 4sqm or 75 per cent fixed seated capacity. As we are in an ever-changing environment, should the above health orders change at any time, show updates will be available on our website and Facebook pages for up to the minute information on events. For further information regarding the lifting of stay-at-home orders in Regional NSW CLICK HERE.
- The wearing of facemasks at our venues remains mandatory. Masks will be available at the venue if you do not carry one. Children 12 years and under are exempt from wearing a facemask but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable. For more information regarding the wearing of masks CLICK HERE.
3. WHAT WE ARE DOING TO HELP ONCE SHOWS RECOMMENCE
- All events will be ticketed with tickets scanned on entry to the venue. All patrons/customers are required to check-in via the Service NSW App on entering the venue. This may be to purchase tickets from the Box Office or prior to a show and having tickets scanned by venue staff. Patrons/customers are also required to check out on exiting the venue. To download the Service NSW App CLICK HERE.
- Only allocated seating is available in line with the current Government guidelines for theatres and concert halls.
- The venue and auditorium doors will open early to allow audience members to safely purchase a snack or drink and then head directly to their seats to avoid overcrowding the foyers
- Our floor will be marked to manage queuing and movement throughout
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the venues and well as soap at hand basins
- Posters with health & safety guidelines will be displayed in the venues
- Patrons are required to wear a facemask at all times other than whilst consuming food and drinks. Masks are available at our venues if you need one. Please ask.
- Maintaining our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols, Entertainment Venues has introduced routine measures of frequent cleaning before, during and after events. This will include the frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces such as door handles, push plates, handrails, lift buttons, counters, toilets and any other surface identified as being touched by people
- Protective screens have been put in place at box offices and bar service points to protect our staff and patrons.
3. Bar & Snack Services
- Queuing for bar and snack bar services will use 1.5m physical distancing
- With high capacity events additional temporary bars will be available within the auditoriums to avoid overcrowding the foyer areas
- We encourage cashless payments
- All patrons must proceed to their allocated seats to consume food and drinks.
- Disposable cups and bottles and cans will be used
- Self-serve water stations will be unavailable, where possible, to minimise touch points
For more COVIDSafe information CLICK HERE
conditions of entry
Visitors are not permitted to enter if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious);
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- have been to any State or National case locations on the specified date/s and failed to observe the Government instructions
- are not wearing a facemask
Visitors are required to:
- Maintain social distancing in foyer and other non seated areas within the venue
- Wear a facemask at all times other than consuming food and drink
- Respect floor marking and directional signage
- Remain in allocated seats
- Leave furniture in place
- Provide your name and contact details and consent to providing your name and contact details to the NSW Department of Health via the Service NSW App for contact tracing
- Maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing and or sanitising
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue, and then dispose of tissues immediately
Help us keep everyone safe by practising good hygiene and physical distancing in
accordance with the current regulations and the conditions of entry during your time here.
It is the responsibility of every individual to help stop the spread of COVID-19
If you have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days, have a temperature and/ or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, it is our right to refuse you entry into our venue. The health and safety of our customers, staff and performers is extremely important to us. Please contact us before your event if any of the above applies to you.
We continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by NSW Health, the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government, Create NSW, PAC Australia and Live Performance Australia guidelines. Entertainment Venues COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes.